Most of the time we need a Bootable device to run any application or software. Often we use this when we are installing new OS in our laptop / desktop.
Here I’m sharing you the very simple steps to make your pen drive bootable.
To create a bootable USB flash drive follow the steps mentioned below:
- Insert a USB flash drive into a running computer.
- Open a Command Prompt window as an administrator.
- Type diskpart.
- In the new command line window that opens, to determine the USB flash drive number or drive letter, at the command prompt, type list disk, and then click ENTER. The list disk command displays all the disks on the computer. Note the drive number or drive letter of the USB flash drive.
- At the command prompt, type select disk <X>, where X is the drive number or drive letter of the USB flash drive, and then click ENTER.
- Type clean, and the click ENTER. This command deletes all data from the USB flash drive.
- To create a new primary partition on the USB flash drive, type create part pri, and then click ENTER.
- To select the partition that you just created, type select part 1, and then click ENTER.
- To format the partition, type format fs=ntfs quick, and then click ENTER.
- If your server platform supports Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI), you should format the USB flash drive as FAT32 rather than as NTFS. To format the partition as FAT32, type format fs=fat32 quick, and then click ENTER.
- Type active, and then click ENTER.
- Type exit, and then click ENTER.
- When you finish preparing your custom image, save it to the root of the USB flash drive.
Hope now you are able to run your new OS on your laptop or desktop.
All the best!!
Download the Form 16 AY 2016-17 Form 16 (AY 16-17)
Find the attached form for Electricity Department Pensioner – संलग्नक – 1
Download from here: Form
The “Sticky Notes” that come with Windows7 happens to be a very good application. With this you can keep a track of your task list by scribbling stuff on it.
Well, since the font formating capabilities of these notes was not very impressive I was just wondering if there is an alternative to strikethrough/strikeout a scribbled line from the note… and guess what! It does have a shortcut… Just like Ctrl+b is for Bold and Ctrl+i is for itallic, Ctrl+t is for Strikethrough/Strikeout.
Here is very simple method to change the drive, follow as shown below on command prompt.
C:\>cd /d "D:\"
D:\>cd /c "C:\"
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
What is a Defect Life Cycle or a Bug lifecycle in software testing?
Defect life cycle is a cycle which a defect goes through during its lifetime. It starts when defect is found and ends when a defect is closed, after ensuring it’s not reproduced. Defect life cycle is related to the bug found during testing.
To install a theme manually via XAMPP do the following:
- Locate XAMPP’s htdocs folder. This is normally Applications >> XAMPP >> HTDOCs on Mac or My Computer >> C: >> XAMPP >> HTDOCs on Windows (It depending on user wherever they have placed their XAMPP folder).
- If your site is installed in a sud-directory in htdocs, go there. If not skip to next step.
- Open the wp-content folder
- Open the themes folder
- Copy in your downloaded theme and extract it there (if its zipped)
- Go to your WordPress Dashboard and go to the Appearance button on the left and click Themes from the drop down. Find your newly installed theme and hit Activate.
That should do the trick unless your theme is missing some vital elements
Understanding the scrum master role in agile
A Scrum Master takes on a front-and-center role in Agile. He/she is responsible for making sure teams correctly follow the rules and principles that govern scrum.
Part motivational speaker, part coach and manager, the scrum master roles involves monitoring and resolving any issues that may arise throughout the course of development. Naturally, because of this, he also works very closely with the product owner.
Due to increasingly rapid rates of change in the corporate world, whether they occur within customer demands, project requirements, support issues or tasks, many companies are finding that their traditional business processes do not allow them to move fast enough and keep up with changes.